5 Valuable Tips to Setup your home WiFi Network
Well, setting up a wireless network is not a difficult task. It completely depends upon people to people that how they take such situation as. All the process depends upon the user’s capability and patience. For the procedure of Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup you just need to grab a router in order to receive live Internet signals from it, a modem, a smart device (computer or laptop), and a set of Ethernet cables, to connect them all with each other. Also, remember you can’t give your devices a successful end if your devices are overloaded and overheated with malicious and large files.
Proceed a little further:
- Set your router free. Do not set any boundaries.
- Let your devices receive live signals coming out of the main router.
- Do not mess it wires with others.
- Always keep the antennas of your device in a straight vertical position. If possible, add a set of external antennas to your device.
For Netgear Range Extender Setup
- Plug both of your devices, router and the range extender into an electrical outlet. Avoid high-voltage and fluctuation.
- Wait for the power lights on your device starts blinking.
- Open a web browser on your smart device and go for the Netgear Genie Setup page by the means of mywifiext.
- Netgear Genie helps their users to manage, control, and repair the entire security system of their home network and devices.
- If you still fail to set it up, then unplug your devices, release all the cables from each other, wait for five minutes and then proceed forward.
Steps to Setup your Existing WiFi Network
- Choose the best place for your Wireless Device
The best location for your device (router) would be in the center of the house that is free from the interference of third-party devices, electronic gadgets, and metal appliances. Even though obstructions like, windows, walls, microwaves, treadmills, etc. can also be a big disaster that creates a lot of interferences between your devices and the Internet. On the other hand, the best place for your range extender would be finest if placed within the reach of your existing router.
- Disable your Router and the Modem
Before connecting any of your equipment to your smart device, you are supposed to disable your DSL modem physically from the Internet to avoid any kind of wireless interferences.
- Unite both of your Device with each Other (router and modem)
Take the help of an Ethernet cable and connect one end the cable into the routers WAN port and another end to the Internet port of the modem. Also, remember your devices should be away from heat and dust.
- Bond your Laptop or Computer to the Range Extender
Take the help of an Ethernet cable and connect any of your smart devices you own to the range extender. After that, you have to register on your device on mywifiext. Make sure that your router is set free and your extender is receiving live Internet connection from it. Just unite them by physically connecting them both with the help of USB or Internet cable. After that, turn all your smart devices on in sequence.
- Change the Default Login Credentials
Most of the smart devices come with the default login details. But, you have to change the entire settings on your own to something more reliable and strong. Changing the default details will protect your devices and network from hacking. After that, the main step id adding WPA2 security. You can easily find this setting in the wireless security section, where you will prompt to select a type of encryption by entering a passphrase for about eight characters.
WPA2 is the latest and finest technology used to secure your devices among intruders. If you have the old version of WEP, we would like to insist our valuable user switch to the latest and strongest version of security i.e. WPA-AES. Also, create a strong password for about 16 characters that doesn’t consist of dictionary words.
For any assistance, simply get in touch with the finest technicians of Netgear experts in the world. Just dial a toll-free number 1-888-829-5515 and get a definite solution to your query.