Today, we will help our valuable users that how can they improve the speed and range of their WiFi Internet connection. Wherever you use a laptop or a computer, a strapping WiFi signal is compulsory and required to guarantee trustworthy connectivity and superior connection speed without any fear of gesture of signal droppage or breakage. Laptops with an inadequate amount of signal range are expected to suffer and undergo from dawdling dropped connections. The process you are about to pursue of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup, in case you tend to complete the installation progression with slow connection in poor connectivity, might leads to frustration because of above-mentioned issues.
Up to date modern devices have in-built the feature of Wireless Network Adapter, whereas the adult and older devices necessitate an exterior network adapter such as USB or a PCMCIA card. In that case, you can take few steps to recover the range of your existing devices and you can also perk up the speed of your Internet connection, if anyway you are facing problems with the range and connection of your WiFi network.
- Environmental Factors that Affect the Internet Range
Numerous ecological factors can cause a weak signal of WiFi range. You can go beyond about these common culprits, at least in the residence network environment and atmosphere.
- Distance from the Router
If you have done or thinking to do so, bother to avoid this step otherwise it can affect the range of signal connectivity and its strength. This can also create interferences and can also ruin all the process of Netgear Genie Setup you planned and implement to perform. Now, what can you do is move your device (computer or a laptop) nearby your router or the range extender to struggle against such problem. Now, use solitary of the countless online speed tests and then examine the speed of your device connection at different locations around your office or at home. You will then realize the difference between the two.
- In case you are unable to do the reposition of your device (router) to a central location or moving of the laptop or a computer to the router, then there is no option left to add a signal repeater or switching to a WiFi range extender. You can plug any of these devices into a electrical socket and locate in between the area situated near by the router and your smart device. Such devices are helpful in boosting up the speed of the existing WiFi network coming out of the main router and also expand its range of the Internet from door front to your backyard.
- Do not ever think to hide your router and on the other hand you are supposed to elevate the height of your device as well.
- Seize a note of several or the any metal structures or bulky appliances between your devices. These can also results in obstruction of signals. So what are you supposed to do now? Don’t worry and relocate your desk where you have placed your device or you can also lift your device as well.
- For extra strong signals, limit the number of devices that are connected and can access the WiFi connection concurrently. With the popularity of streaming videos, movies, tablets, smartphones and devices, your laptop or a computer isn’t merely the tool attempting to utilize the connection of the Internet or WiFi.
- If you are planning to go with a new device (range extender) that can expand the range of the Internet to the end, never think to locate one device i.e. the router on one place and the new device to the other. This step will never help you in the installation of Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup Bring both the devices into the same room and after the configuration is completed between both the devices, then also you are not supposed to cross the limit of 20 feet.
- Update the Software and Equipment
The strength of a WiFi signal and its range are also dependent on the routers firmware, drivers and software.
- Replace your router when technology values changes
A large amount existing routers are off the record and identified as 802.11ac. Such types of routers are known as much faster and stronger than any other older one of 802.11n and 802.11g. They have the capability of connecting multiple devices at the same time.
- Keep the Software of your Devices Up-To-Date
Do you know that old drivers can harm the range of the Internet speed of your WiFi connection? Drivers affect how your device connects to a home network. In that case, you have to accept the challenges given by the latest technology and let all your devices are future ready to serve it.
- Update Routers Firmware
You can do this by simply visiting Mywifiext, or going through the device manufacturer or the manual steps. You might have been using the same device firmware, adaptors and Ethernet cables for years. But, technology improves timely. We would only suggest our users to look for the better alternatives.